70s Community Header Image

Thunderbirds

Home PageForumsTelevisionThunderbirds

This topic has 2 voices, contains 1 reply, and was last updated by  Rennie 11 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
December 3, 2012 at 1:40 pm #168

Seventies Man

Now I know that technically Thunderbirds the Gerry Anderson classic was actually 1960s, but as a kid in the 70s it was part of my Saturday. As soon as that music started and the explosions rocked the TV I knew I was in for a great hour of fun and fantasy.

I only recently found out that the series was originally made for thirty minutes only. Lew Grade watched them and said I want it bigger and I want an hour for the U.S. audiences. Gerry had to then go back and re-cut and re-shoot to make each episode into an hour.
Isn’t that FAB?

December 3, 2012 at 4:26 pm #180

Rennie

Lol FAB the issue I found annoying when I was a kid is where the victim could be drowning and the water would be rising to his neck, then you would get a cut away shot to show International Rescue trying to get to him, with sweat on their brows, then it would cut back to the poor victim and the water would be back waist high!!!, Now I just find it funny.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

1970s Community Forum

This is the place to share the memories of those great by gone days and help each other nudge those hidden gems out of the darkest recesses of your minds. Believe me there's a lot of them. Since I started this nostalgia site 7 years ago so many great memories have been cajoled out of my ageing grey cells by my forum friends that would never ever have seen the light of day again. So join in the fun and see what great memories we can help you recall.

Join the Discussion

Register now & join in the discussions, this will allow you to add your own comments, memories, photographs and stories to our ever growing website dedicated to the Seventies. Simply sign up using your Facebook, Twitter, Linked In or Google+ Account

Your API connection setting not working. try to change setting from module option or check your php.ini setting for (cURL support = enabled OR allow_url_fopen = On)