70s Community Header Image

But What was No. 1?

Home PageForums70s MusicBut What was No. 1?

This topic has 1 voice, contains 0 replies, and was last updated by  Seventies Man 11 years ago.

Viewing 1 post
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 24, 2013 at 2:42 am #774

Seventies Man

This is the chart from April 1st 1972.
But what was No. 1?
No. 20
What Is Life by Olivia Newton John
No 19
The Young New Mexican Puppeter by Tom Jones
No. 18
Back Off Boogaloo by Ringo Starr
No. 17
Heart of Gold by Neil Young
This track comes from the 1972 album Harvest and the single became a U.S. No. 1. If you listen carefully you will hear backing vocals from James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt.

No. 16
Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip
No. 15
Sweet Talkin’ Guys by Chiffons
Originally a hit in the U.S. in 1966 and came from the same group that sang Hes So Fine.

No. 14
Too Beautiful To Last by Englebert Humperdinck
No. 13
I Can’t Help Myself by Donnie Elbert
No. 12
Blue Is The Colour by Chelsea Football Team
No 11
It’s One Of Those Nights Yes Love by Partridge Family Featuring Shirley Jones and David Cassidy
No. 10
Got To Be There by Michael Jackson
No. 9
Floy Joy by Supremes
No. 8
Mother And Child Reunion by Paul Simon
No. 7
Desiderata by Les Crane
No. 6
Meet Me On The Corner by Lindasfarne
No. 5
Hold Your Head Up by Argent
No. 4
American Pie by Don Mclean
No. 3
Alone Again Naturally by Gilbert O’Sullivan
No. 2
Beg Steal Or Borrow by New Seekers

No. 1 ANSWER AT http://www.inthe1970s.com/2013/02/21/music-charts-april-1st-1972/

Viewing 1 post

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

1970s Community Forum

This is the place to share the memories of those great by gone days and help each other nudge those hidden gems out of the darkest recesses of your minds. Believe me there's a lot of them. Since I started this nostalgia site 7 years ago so many great memories have been cajoled out of my ageing grey cells by my forum friends that would never ever have seen the light of day again. So join in the fun and see what great memories we can help you recall.

Join the Discussion

Register now & join in the discussions, this will allow you to add your own comments, memories, photographs and stories to our ever growing website dedicated to the Seventies. Simply sign up using your Facebook, Twitter, Linked In or Google+ Account

Your API connection setting not working. try to change setting from module option or check your php.ini setting for (cURL support = enabled OR allow_url_fopen = On)