70s Community Header Image

Flappy Collars

Home PageForums70s FashionFlappy Collars

Tagged: 

This topic has 2 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by  Rennie 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
December 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm #334

Seventies Man

I found an old picture of me at age about 14 at a school disco. Apart from the shameful clash of colours I was wearing a purple shirt with the longest collars. It even appeared to have metal stubs at the end of the collars- for what reason I do not know, maybe it was to weigh me down in case of a sudden wind.

December 10, 2012 at 8:58 am #346

Rennie

lol yes I remember those huge collared shirts and had a few myself. What about those silky shirts made out of some kind of man made fibre? Anyone have some of those? I had a blue one which I loved.

December 10, 2012 at 9:43 am #347

Seventies Man

It brings back those memories of those Brentford Nylons commercials on TV with Alan “Fluff” Freeman.
Not Arf

January 9, 2013 at 2:32 pm #580

Rennie

Lol Fluff was cool . My huge collared shirts used to go well with my Starsky Cardy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

1970s Community Forum

This is the place to share the memories of those great by gone days and help each other nudge those hidden gems out of the darkest recesses of your minds. Believe me there's a lot of them. Since I started this nostalgia site 7 years ago so many great memories have been cajoled out of my ageing grey cells by my forum friends that would never ever have seen the light of day again. So join in the fun and see what great memories we can help you recall.

Join the Discussion

Register now & join in the discussions, this will allow you to add your own comments, memories, photographs and stories to our ever growing website dedicated to the Seventies. Simply sign up using your Facebook, Twitter, Linked In or Google+ Account

Your API connection setting not working. try to change setting from module option or check your php.ini setting for (cURL support = enabled OR allow_url_fopen = On)