70s Community Header Image

A Clockwork Orange

Home PageForums70s FilmsA Clockwork Orange

This topic has 3 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by  Seventies Man 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
December 5, 2012 at 11:33 am #212

Seventies Man

When I was a spotty faced teen I did try and get into see this film called A CLOCKWORK ORANGE but was never allowed in. I then heard it was rubbish anyway and never watched it until about three years ago.

I am not sure what I was expecting but I found the film too violent and I just hated everything about it.
How it was suppose to be a classic is beyond me. I note on the site the writer has a completley different take on that film.

“People sometimes call “A Clockwork Orange” their favorite Stanley Kubrick film. Me too, except higher praise in my book is that it’s my favorite Malcolm McDowell film. McDowell’s portrayal of a vicious young hood up against a system every bit as cruel is what draws me in, and keeps drawing me in, time and again.”

I will have to agree to disagree lol.

December 5, 2012 at 2:53 pm #228

Moira

Was and still is a favorite of my husband Dean.Only yesterday I mentioned Comet going bust or whatever you call it now and he said not again.They went bust in the 70s as Dean had ordered a turntable which apparently was the same as Malcolm McDowell’s in a Clockwork Orange.He even told me the model number and everything and he had sent a cheque off but got nothing in return.He is wearing a Clockwork Orange T.Shirt in one of the Butlins 70s pics somewhere possibly on this very site.

December 5, 2012 at 3:02 pm #229

Rennie

Welcome back Womble :) Clockwork Orange is a great film and was certainly taking risks with its subject matter but hey most good films in the 70s were banned for one reason or another. Re Dean and his t shirt – he just makes me jealous that he can still fit in it!!!!

December 5, 2012 at 5:03 pm #240

Seventies Man

I will have to watch it again with a more open mind.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

1970s Community Forum

This is the place to share the memories of those great by gone days and help each other nudge those hidden gems out of the darkest recesses of your minds. Believe me there's a lot of them. Since I started this nostalgia site 7 years ago so many great memories have been cajoled out of my ageing grey cells by my forum friends that would never ever have seen the light of day again. So join in the fun and see what great memories we can help you recall.

Join the Discussion

Register now & join in the discussions, this will allow you to add your own comments, memories, photographs and stories to our ever growing website dedicated to the Seventies. Simply sign up using your Facebook, Twitter, Linked In or Google+ Account

Your API connection setting not working. try to change setting from module option or check your php.ini setting for (cURL support = enabled OR allow_url_fopen = On)